POSTER

   
 

   
  
  

When looking at all the projects from previous students, I noticed a lot of them had a strong message. I instantly decided I wanted mine to have one as well. The best way I could go about this was to make it personal -- make it something I could relate to. And so I decided to speak up on the conflict with Palestine.

I thought, who better to shed light on such a devastating issue than an Arab? 

I made several versions for a few reasons. First, I thought I was only going to focus on Palestine. So in the last version of my poster, you see the Palestinian flag at the bottom. But when I decided on the text I would overlay on top which says "when do we begin supporting each other?" I took into consideration the importance of all the countries involved in this problem. 

The best part about directing this message to all Arab countries, both those who claim to be standing with Palestine and those who aren't, is that most of our flags use the same colors: red, green, black, and white.

The choice of the Arabic font is an obvious one. It corresponds to the whole concept. Additionally, when I read the translation in English, it just does not hit as hard. 

I think my favorite version is the first one. I sort of dislike the addition of the green and red on the eyes and lips on the second one in comparison. This is mostly because it makes it seem like it's making light of the subject matter to me. But in general, I think the message came across successfully.

Here is the original image which I chose because I have a serious look on my face. A picture of myself smiling would have contradicted the whole message and frankly would have looked bizarre. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANVAS Final Project

Logo & Business Cards

Illustrator Practice: Stitch!