Logo & Business Cards



I had a lot of fun creating my own logo for this project. This is primarily because I was given permission to use my native language, Arabic, to create it. Even as someone who grew up seeing it all around me, I have always been in awe of Arabic calligraphy. I never was able to write it myself as it requires years of skill and experience. This made discovering the calligraphy tool on illustrator so much more exciting for me than you could possibly imagine! It felt so good to create my own letters and make them look beautiful.

The meaning is what I'm most proud of. Essentially, the logo you see says the word "Arab" and "Malak" at the same time. I used the letter B from Arab and rotated it sideways to create the L from my name, Malak. The M from my name is what creates the dot that goes underneath the B. And to top it all off, I put a halo to reflect the definition of my name: angel!

I got inspiration from a lot of Arabic logos I found online. I knew when I was doing my research on all the different words I had used to describe myself, that "Arab" was the one that spoke to me most out of all of them. These are some examples I found on the web:




Here are the sketches I drew up for myself. The one on the top left is the design that guided my final logo. It only says "Arab" on that version, but I knew for my final product that I needed more than just the word Arab, hence incorporating my name into it.





The business logos were fairly easy to create. All I had to do was create two versions and put my information onto it! 









Part of me prefers the black background version. And lastly, here are the 3D models!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CANVAS Final Project

Illustrator Practice: Stitch!